COVID Safe Events at QUT and UQ
The below information is provided for all onsite registrations only.
The 22nd Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference will be run as a hybrid event. Onsite activities will be hosted on the QUT Gardens Point Campus and UQ St Lucia Campus.
The event will be conducted according to the Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events in Queensland.
Delegates who are unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath should stay home.
Delegates who are onsite for the event will be asked:
- To maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres as much as possible during the event.
- To utilise the hand sanitisation stations before entering a venue and before proceeding to the breakout areas for catering.
- To notify event staff immediately if they start to feel unwell.
- Consider downloading the Commonwealth Government COVID-19 app prior to attending the event.
- To answer the screening questions below:
- In the last 14 days have you travelled from overseas or a COVID-19 hotspot?
- Have you been in close contact with a person who is positive for COVID-19?
- Are you an active COVID-19 case?
- Are you currently, or have you recently experienced cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, you may be refused entry to the conference venues.
Delegates will be asked to scan into each venue during the conference for contact tracing purposes.
Things to know
- Delegates are not permitted to congregate together in groups during the event.
- Delegates will be asked to stay in the venue for any session until that session concludes i.e. no moving between rooms to see different presentations.
- The catering service areas will be marked out clearly and service provided by the onsite caterer. There is no self-service permitted.
The COVID safe plans for the event will be subject to any change in the guidelines issued by the Queensland State Government and each University.